Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My new man is older and shorter

I am in my early 30s with an adorable son and ended a relationship with his father last year. I’m now with another man, who loves me for what I am, unlike the father of my son. My new man is loving and helps me through financial and emotional stress.
The problem is he is almost 18 years older and considerably shorter than me. My friends talk about this and people stare at us when we go out in public. I also don’t love him as much as I loved my previous lover. In spite of the fact that he’s perfect, I love him in a brotherly way.
The father of my son was arrogant and cruel, yet I still think about him. The love I once knew with him stops me from giving my new lover the love he deserves. I care a lot about this man and I don’t want to lose him.

It is common to feel romantic, passionate love for someone you’re incompatible with.
In spite of your ex’s cruelty, you still think about the passion you shared. In spite of the fact that your new man is a kind friend, who cares for you and your son, the fact remains that you ran into his welcoming arms on the rebound.
If you really love him, you wouldn’t care a hoot whether he’s short or crippled. What you feel towards him really is gratitude and affection.
The earlier you forgot the man you once loved, the quicker you’d be able to move on and not look back. You alone can answer this question.

(Bunmi Sofola)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say