Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I threw him over for his brother

My husband and I have been living together for about four years and have been married for three years. We have a daughter we both adore.
But when I fell in love with him, I was going out with his younger brother. It was a relaxed relationship and we never discussed marriage until his brother came along. I know we hurt him badly when we got married, but he always told me he wanted me back and that he’d always love me.
Unfortunately, there have been days when I’ve felt that leaving him was a terrible mistake. He was a wonderful man and treated me like I was special.
About a year ago, my husband and I had one of our steamy rows and I ended up having sex with his brother. It was mind-blowing. We’ve since been sleeping together, but my ex is now seeing another woman and I’m feeling jealous.
I still care deeply for him, but going back to him would hurt too many people. We’ve stopped sleeping together because this new girl is always in his flat! I feel so empty, especially knowing I can’t really have him.


Whatever attraction you must have for these brothers, remember you made your choice four years ago to be with your husband; causing the three of you some emotional pain. You now have a happy family with the brother you chose as your husband.
Sleeping with an ex you know still cares for you was reckless, selfish and cruel to him. Having casual sex or an affair is not a remedy for relationship blues.
Our jealousy, when an admirer shifts his or her adoration to someone who can return their love, can be intense. That’s why you now feel second best and bereft. You see, you can’t eat your cake and have it. You’ve made your choice, now stick with it and do nothing that will undermine your ex’s new-found happiness.

(Bunmi Sofola)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say