Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Can you reach orgasm the first time?

I am in my late teens and a student. I have just had sex for the first time with my boyfriend. I enjoyed it a lot and I’m sure I had an orgasm.
But my boyfriend says I must be mistaken, because women never have orgasms the first time they have sex. He says they have to learn to have it. Is he right?
The majority of women have already had one or more orgasms through masturbation before they experience sex with a partner. However, the memory of this first climax is often repressed and forgotten because of the moralistic pressure put on women to ignore their sexuality.
The same pressure often leaves women fearful of sex and it usually takes several years for these fears to be eradicated, thus enabling relaxed love-making and orgasm.
Attitudes to sex and sex education have changed over the years and it is possible that many women of your generation will be able to enjoy sex without the guilt, fears and inhibitions that your mothers and elder sisters were subjected to.
It is, therefore, perfectly possible that you reach orgasm during your first love-making.
Sex has to be ‘learned’ but the right stimulation will produce the right response, i.e. climax.

(Bunmi Sofola)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say