Thursday, March 12, 2015

Woman arrested with 430 grammes of heroin in her private part

Operatives of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, yesterday, arrested a 31-year-old single mother with 430 grammes of heroin hidden in her private part.
The suspect, Miss Aladi, was apprehended during the inward screening of passengers on an Emirates flight from Pakistan at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos.
Speaking on the arrest, NDLEA Commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, said the arrest was made through the help of the scanning machines at the airport.
He said: “During the inward screening of Emirates passengers, one Aladi tested positive for narcotic ingestion. While under observation, the drug was subsequently expelled, field-tested and weighed.”
He noted that the suspect was given the drug in Pakistan and had already established a link with some Pakistani drug traffickers, who sponsored her trip in collaboration with some local accomplices.
Meanwhile, Chairman of NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade said that the agency would continue to detect narcotics with the help of technological tools.
He also imployed the public to always support the fight against drug traffickers, stressing that drug control thrives on the principle of collective responsibility, adding that the suspect will soon be charged to court.
Narrating her ordeal, Miss Aladi said she engaged in drug trafficking to settle her bills.
She said: “I am a single mother and I need money to take care of myself and child. I used to sell clothes but the profit is inadequate to sustain my family.
“I would have earned half a million naira to pay my rent and my child’s school fees if I had succeeded in bringing the drug. They paid my return ticket and hotel accommodation.
“While in my hotel room, a Pakistani woman came to give me the drug. She also instructed me to conceal it in my private part to avoid arrest. Unfortunately, NDLEA officers detected it.”
The suspect, who is a 2007 graduate from Saint Anthony Secondary School, Aba, Abia State hails from Abia State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say