Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I’m scared of leaving after 16 years together

My partner and I have been together for 16 years, but we’ve achieved nothing in that time. 
We still don’t live together and to be honest, I don’t trust him. I know he’s cheating on me as he often gets sexy texts from girls. 
I no longer want to stay with him, but I’m scared to go. I don’t know if l have the strength to leave. 


Believe me, you have the strength to leave your partner. If you didn’t, you’d still be finding reasons to stay and making excuses why you shouldn’t leave. 
But you’ve finally made your decision— you know you need to go and that means you’re ready to take action. 
Of course, you’re scared, leaving a long relationship is a terrifying thing to do. But know deep in your heart it’s right. 
Sixteen years are far too long to be marking time. Plus, you know this guy is bad for you, and you could do a lot better. No doubt, it’ll be hard, but you can do it. 
Get your family and friends on your side and, if necessary, seek counselling to help boost your confidence. In a year from now, you’ll be wondering why on earth it took you so long to make a move.
(Bunmi Sofola)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say