Wednesday, March 25, 2015

#NIGERIADECIDES: Assassins after me, says Amaechi; He's a pathological liar—PDP

Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State has petitioned President Goodluck Jonathan to guarantee his safety after alleging a conspiracy to assassinate him on presidential election day.
The plot, the governor told newsmen last night, was hatched at the highest level of the executive branch of the Federal Government.
However, Peoples Democratic Party, Presidential Campaign Organization, PDPPCO, dismissed the alarm, describing Governor Amaechi as a pathological liar.
Amaechi, who is also Director-General of the Buhari Campaign Organization said the plot to be executed by men of the Department of State Services, DSS, with backing of soldiers from the 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, was leaked to him by a party to the plot, who feared for the consequences.
The governor said as part of the plot, a reconnaissance was carried out in his village, Ubima, yesterday.
The governor, who claimed that security around him had been depleted, said he would not leave the country as family members and friends have been trying to make him.

The 'Army'
He said: “They have approved for 30 soldiers to come from 82 Division and yesterday they had reconnaissance in my village and it is being led by an Idoma-born Major.
“This plan was hatched by DSS, which then asked for military cover for when they would come to my village. When I initially heard about it, I did not bother.
“I felt it was one of those rumours that politicians get until people from my village reported to me last night that strange people came into the community, drove round and left.
“The person, who gave me the information, called back last night to say that they have come for reconnaissance and that by Thursday (today) I should be careful.
“The person suggested that I leave the country and I felt that it would be cowardly and that if the President wants me dead, let me first let the public know before I am shot to death.
“I hope you know that the Chief of Army Staff is from Rivers State? This morning he has taken over Opobo town, where the candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, comes from and where he also comes from.
“They have deployed soldiers all over Rivers State; they are killing citizens. Also, the Police report clearly indicts some people in Okiirika.
“I was the target of the shooting, but unfortunately for them they did not realize that I was going to be stopped from going because I had to brief the leadership of (Buhari) campaign and that was what saved my life.
“I need the President, Inspector-General of Police and Chief of Army Staff to guarantee my safety.
“I have no CSO and ADC. When I spoke to my director to ask the DG, DSS to post a CSO to me, he refused. My security has been depleted deliberately by the Federal Government.”
The governor said he had already articulated a petition to the President on the development.
Asked, if he would heed the call of loved ones to flee, he said: “The way to ask for change is not to run away from change, it is to confront change.”


He's a pathological
liar—PDP
Meanwhile, Peoples Democratic Party, Presidential Campaign Organization, PDPPCO, lampooned Governor Rotimi Amaechi over the alleged assassination attempt.
Director of Media and Publicity of the PDPPCO, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, described governor Rotimi Amaechi as a pathological liar for alleging that President Goodluck Jonathan planned to kill him.
He said: “This is another example of the madness that has affected the minds of APC leaders. Amaechi is the worst of them. Not only is he deluded, he is also a pathological liar.
“The President has no intention of killing Amaechi and neither does he wish him dead. We would rather defeat him and his presidential candidate at the polls on Saturday and ensure he is alive to witness it.
“PDP is not a party of murderers and neither do members indulge in violence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say