Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My best friend took my man

A few months after my boyfriend proposed to me, there were rumours of him
being sighted with my close friend at that time. He tried lying about it but my so- called friend admitted they were an item and she was pregnant. A few days later, my fiance called to tell me the engagement was off. I was devastated. I later discovered that he’d been seeing this ‘friend’ for months.
I feel humiliated and betrayed, and anger is the only thing that has kept me going. All I can think of is wreaking revenge on my ex-fiance and my so-called friend.

As things are now, I am embarrassed to see anyone and rarely go out. I’ve
written a nasty letter to both of them to let them know how much pain they’ve put me  through, but all I really want is for them to feel my pain and for everyone to know they
can’t be trusted. My parents and friends say I should to get on with my life, but wouldn’t  revenge release me to do that?

How much revenge is enough? Getting revenge could fuel your anger and 
frustration more. It could also make you look like a mad woman whose partner was right to dump her. The sweetest revenge would be to hang on to your dignity,  dust yourself off, get out there and find a new partner who could even be better than your ex! 
It is then you could gloat and truly say good riddance. In the meantime, you need to heal before you move on and I’ll advise you talk to a relationship counsellor. Good luck. 
(Bunmi Sofola)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say