Tuesday, November 01, 2016

PLEASE, MARRY THE WOMAN WHO LOVES YOU
Because your snoring can be louder than the TV or like a plane flying low

Sometime last year, I travelled to BĂ©nin city for a wedding. I went alone and was prepared to sleep over in a hotel. But at the party I met an old friend who insisted I come over to his room so we could jist, drink and eat. I had already moved into his room before something hit me.
One thing I dread so much is snoring. If I'm on the same bed or same room with you and you snore, I may not sleep till morning. So when night came, I was wondering if this my friend snores. I often think people with pot belly, huge frame are terrible sleepers. I guess snoring has to do with stature sometimes.
Immediately we entered the room, he fell on the bed and in two minutes, he started. Oh my God! it was like a passing trailer! I picked my phone and Google snoring. I read a few things about it: wake the snorer, make him sleep with the sides, etc. Na lie. The more I hit him in his sleep, the more he snores. At about 1am, I had to leave the room for the reception where I dozed till morning.

When driving back to Lagos, I raised the issue with him that I had to go to the reception and watch TV. I wondered how his wife copes with him. My friend said his wife has never complained nor even hint him that he snores, even though he knows he snores heavily. His wife must truly be in love to cope with that level of snoring. I couldn't stand it! I have heard some women say their husbands snoring habit is affecting their relationship.
When I got home, I told baby how I sat awake all night. Baby broke into laugher. Serious laughter o. She said me dey complain about someone snoring. Has she ever told me that I snore? "Your snoring is like aeroplane flying low over the building. But I am used to it now. I've turned your snoring to music!"
That was when this boy called Talo interjected.
"Daddy, you say someone snores, what about you? You will be snoring and the house will be vibrating. That is why i always wake you to go sleep in the bedroom anytime you sleep in the sitting room. Your snoring won't let us hear the TV! " Na so I keep quiet o. This boy! So me wey dey complain say someone dey snore, my own even worse! See life?
The issue is if some wives have issues with their husbands because they snore, then wives who dont complain mustreally be in love with their husbands to cope with such disturbance every night of their married lives. I know women also snore but I am sure it's not as bad as we men.
I wonder if I can stand baby snoring. I wonder if her snoring would ever become music to me. I fit separate bedroom, but she would not. I felt so humbled when she told me my snore is now a music for her. That is a wife loving her husband. Same for the wife of my friend. Good women overlook so many faults of their husbands. May you find a loving wife!
Bola Adewara 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say