Wednesday, October 07, 2015

I quit politics, says Chief Edwin Clark (who cares?)

FORMER Federal  Commissioner for Information and South South leader, Chief Edwin Clark, disclosed yesterday he was quitting politics.
He said with the move, he would no  longer be a member of any registered political party and would rather prefer to play the role of a father to all as an elder statesman
Chief Clark turned 88 on May 2.
Speaking, yesterday, when a delegation of Think Nigeria First Initiative, TNFI, led by the Director-General, Abubakar Tsanni, paid him a courtesy call in his Asokoro residence, Chief Clark noted that President Muhammadu Buhari was on the right track in his anti-corruption crusade.

He, however, urged the President not to be selective, irrespective of race, tribe and ethnic group.
Chief Clark, who urged all Nigerians to think of Nigeria first above any personal interests, said it was unfortunate that most politicians in the country don’t think of Nigeria first.
He said: “I no longer belong to Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. I will not go to All Progressives Congress, APC, either. But I will continue to talk as an elder statesman and leader.
“I have left politics. If anyone comes to me to say he is running for any elective position in PDP or APC, I will not support the person.
“I am a true Nigerian. I have Muslims in my house, even though I am a Christian. Boko Haram is a problem of all of us and we must fight it together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say