Sunday, October 11, 2015

Different reactions to Yoruba secession threat

EMINENT Nigerians, weekend, were divided over threats by some Yoruba leaders to pull the South-West zone out of Nigeria and become an independent country.
Led by General Adeyinka Adebayo (retd), Yoruba Leaders of Thought after a summit in Ibadan last week, where they dissected the recent attack and kidnap of former Secretary to the Federal Government, Chief Olu Falae by Fulani herdsmen, called for restructuring of the country into true federalism or they would exit the nation.
The Yoruba leaders said in a communique: “Realizing that the crisis that we are witnessing presently over the actions of the Fulani herdsmen is a function of the refusal of Nigeria to practice true federalism, which would guarantee significant autonomy to the constituent units, we demand an immediate restructuring of Nigeria with the implementation of the report of 2014 National Conference as a starting point.
“If we do not see any step in this direction within a reasonable time, Yoruba may have to reconsider their place in a union that cannot protect them and use all legitimate and peaceful means to attain self-determination.”

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

CANCER: NAFDAC raises alarm over bleaching creams

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, yesterday, expressed concern over the alarming use of bleaching creams and skin whitening agents.
NAFDAC also warned that such chemicals, aside from causing cancer, could lead to psychiatric and kidney problems.
It equally warned against the continued use of banned chemicals by unscrupulous cosmetics manufacturers.

I quit politics, says Chief Edwin Clark (who cares?)

FORMER Federal  Commissioner for Information and South South leader, Chief Edwin Clark, disclosed yesterday he was quitting politics.
He said with the move, he would no  longer be a member of any registered political party and would rather prefer to play the role of a father to all as an elder statesman
Chief Clark turned 88 on May 2.
Speaking, yesterday, when a delegation of Think Nigeria First Initiative, TNFI, led by the Director-General, Abubakar Tsanni, paid him a courtesy call in his Asokoro residence, Chief Clark noted that President Muhammadu Buhari was on the right track in his anti-corruption crusade.

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

My parents ‘noise’ keeps me awake!

I am in my early 20's and live at home with my parents. My bedroom is next to theirs and I am kept awake some nights by the horrible sounds they make when they are having sex. 
I know things like that are normal, but I feel so embarrassed when I see them the next day. 
Nobody is against their having sex at their age, but shouldn’t they tone it down when there are children in the house? 

Monday, October 05, 2015

If President Buhari wants to be Petroleum Minister, he must appear before us for screening—SENATORS

If the views of some senators can be used as thermometres, then tomorrow's (Tuesday, October 6) Senate sitting will be interesting.
Senator Mao Ohuabunwa, PDP, Abia North; and Chairman, Senate ad hoc Committee on Publicity, Senator Dino Melaye, APC, Kogi West, have said a few things that must be taken seriously.
First, they said if President Muhammadu Buhari wants to be Minister of Petroleum then, in accordance with the constitution, he must come before the Senate for screening.
Again, nominees that are senators will no longer enjoy the take-a-bow-and-go courtesy. They will be screened.
Furthermore, any allegation of corruption against any nominee will be referred to EFCC/ICPC, adding that Senate President Bukola Saraki’s trial will not cow them.
Recall that the list of nominees, submitted by President Buhari to Saraki, will be attended to on the floor of the Senate tomorrow.

Let’s see how the masquerades dance. 

Sunday, October 04, 2015

National Assembly plans immunity laws for Senate President, Speaker

Dis people no go stop clowning.
The National Assembly will soon begin moves to amend the constitution so that the immunity enjoyed by heads of the Executive Arm of government is extended to the other arms. That is, the Senate President, House of Reps Speaker and the Chief Justice of Nigeria.
It is obvious the goal is not to curb corruption but to seek escape from the law. As if their tenures no go finish.
Meanwhile, experts on Nigerian laws have said it is a wrong move to "escape" abroad when it gets too hot.
They say, “Stay home and use half the loot to filibuster the Nigerian system.” Our SANs need dollars suits.
While one of our brosses is in jail abroad, another is here in Naija and fought with everything in his power to beat extradition. Na im Madam go make d same mistake. Mtcheew!
By the way, if all these allegations are true, it is either their greed knows no limit or it is “home problem.” Or how do you explain billions of dollars traced to one person? Are they sewing agbada with the money?

Thursday, October 01, 2015

So what kept the list this late?

There was not a single surprise in the list of ministers (noise makers) reportedly selected by President Muhammadu Buhari.
It is still all about compensating cronies and people who know nothing about the existence of the word "retire" in the English dictionary.
Some of the names being peddled about are Dr. Chris Ngige, Kayode Fayemi, Rotimi Amaechi, Babatunde Fashola, Abdurrahman Dambazau, Aisha AlHassan, Ogbonaya Onu, Kemi Adeosun, Abubakar Malami, Senator Sirika Hadi, Adebayo Shittu, Senator Udo Udoma.
And, by the way, it pays to be part of groups such as Bring Back Our Girls. Then again, you could be part  of an institution that allows more than 200 schoolgirls to go missing.
These things can earn you a juicy position.
Lets have faith in a few like Fashola and Utomi. We can only hope.

SEE THEM

They celebrate. Again.
The nationalists, who founded this independence, will  be turning in their graves in shame.




President Buhari is coming home

If he didn't attend some meetings, 'insulted' some people he will work with and then addressed a conference of nobodies, at least he has a fiefdom he is returning to after the UN misadventure.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Buhari as one of his noise makers

If PMB is really going to be his Minister of Petroleum, then he will be one of those he called noise makers.
That's no news.
The thing Nigerians must come to terms with is that we are in a dictatorship.
Well, who cares as long as it begins to give life to the mirage called CHANGE.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hubby made me have an affair

I’ve been married to my husband for over 20 years and we have four lovely children. He’s always had series of affairs that I’ve lost count of.
I’ve stopped talking to him about them and when friends did, he told them smugly that he must be doing something right or I would have left.
He says his affairs are really for the sex and he would never leave me for another woman. Big deal!
I’m quite an attractive woman myself and still wear a size 14 dress. I have a good job and dress well and recently I started looking at other men the way my  husband might look at other women and wondered what it would be like to have sex with them.
You know what? My husband was right, you can have good sex without getting emotionally involved as I’ve since found out. I don’t know if he suspects anything, but lately he’s been showing signs of being jealous, why should he have all the fun?

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Man disembowel girlfriend for calling ex's name during sex

Fidel Lopez, aged 24, disembowelled his girlfriend for calling her ex-husband's name during sex, in Sunrise, Florida, USA.
He called 911 and confessed that he went berserk when his girlfriend, 31-old Maria Nemeth, called her ex's name twice.
Lopez started smashing things in the apartment and started “putting things in her stomach.”

He later dipped in his hand and brought out intestinal matter.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

NUDE VIDEO: Ann knew she was coming to Dubai for prostitution—suspected syndicate head

The 25-year-old Blessing Gabriel, accused of running a syndicate involved in trafficking girls to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, for sexual exploitation, told journalists in Lagos, Tuesday, that one of the girls that appeared in a nude video that went viral knew she was coming for sex work.
Gabriel said: “I have Ann on audio recording saying 'I am ready to do anything, including prostitution, in Dubai'.
I help men get work as drivers, hotel workers and so on in Dubai. This is the first time I am getting involved with a girl. It was Ann's sister that made the initial contact when one Madam Gina, in Dubai, said she needed a girl to work at a hair-dressing saloon.”
She claimed that when Ann arrived Dubai, she took her to the said Gina, who went with Ann to an inner room, where the video must have been made.
She spoke to newsmen at National Agency for the Prohibition of Traffic in Persons and other Related Matters, NAPTIP's office in Lagos, when they were paraded along with the other suspects in the case.
From left—Blessing Gabriel, 25; Precious Owoh, 29; Rose Gabriel, 25; Priscilla Bassey, 33; and Terry Smooth, 38.

The others
The others are Precious Owoh, 29; Rose Gabriel, 25; Priscilla (Prisca) Bassey, 33; and Terry Smooth, 38.
On her part, Smooth, who was accused of supplying girls for the sex trade, said she only gave shelter to girls at her Lekki duplex and had nothing to do with the trafficking.
She expressed surprise that NAPTIP see her as a suspect as she had gone to police to tell them she knew the person in the nude video and produced Ann's sister, only for her to be told by police that she had no case.
Asked why she charged each girl living in her house N10,500 weekly, Smooth said: “I have two security men, pay cable bills, feed the girls, pay light and sundry bills. We need to spend money for these.
I insist that I know nothing about human trafficking. I have my business. Ask them (referring to the other suspects), no male visitor is allowed in my house. They go out to do their hustle.”

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Cash crunch hits NASS; Senate forced to halt hearing on power probe

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Mother, daughter want me, a virgin, in bed

I am a virgin at the age of 25. My problem now is that my boss and her daughter are both trying to get me into bed.
After I finished at the law school, my mum arranged for me to work in her friend’s chambers to gain experience. Sadly, my mother recently lost her battle against breast cancer. She died, leaving me devastated and my boss said if I ever needed anyone to talk to, she would always be there for me.
Then, she started inviting me to her place for meals. She’s a single mother of two and lives with her daughter who is my age-mate. I was leaving her house one night after a meal when she asked me to wait. She shut the door and started kissing me, but she stopped when her daughter arrived home.

Why is my husband sleeping with prostitutes?

I recently found out, through a colleague in his office, that my husband of almost 20 years has been sleeping with prostitutes. According to this colleague, some of them call at the office and he takes time off to take them to motels.

Monday, September 07, 2015

26 years marriage dissoved: My wife denies me sex, 75-year-old man tells court

An Ado-Ekiti customary court, yesterday, dissolved the 26-year marriage between a bricklayer, James Kayode Oguntuase and his wife, Felicia, over sexual starvation and sundry acts.
Oguntuase, 75, had sued Felicia, 53, a trader, to court, accusing her of denying him sex, adultery, stealing and stubbornness, allegations which the respondent denied.
The petitioner told the court that he had caught his wife with three different men, adding that she had aborted three pregnancies for her lovers.
Oguntuase also alleged that his estranged wife stole N35,000 belonging to him, being money meant for the purchase of carpentry materials, revealing that he had dragged his wife to court in 2013 on account of alleged sexual escapades.
He prayed the court for the custody of the children, promising to be responsible for their upkeep
The union was blessed with six children, including Caroline, 25; Peter, 23; Akin, 18; Ife, 15; Rachel, 12; and Tolulope, 6.

‘Why I refused him sex’
However, the wife, in her response, said she denied the petitioner sex on grounds of ill-health, and also denied the allegations of adultery and stealing.
She urged the court not to dissolve the union.

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Remembering Awololo and Jakande

I picked up this picture online. Hope it is genuine. All we are doing is remind them. Just in case they forgot, that is.
We all know of Awolowo and his very successful free education scheme. However, only a few know the men that did the groundwork: Professor Stephen Awokoya, Professor Segun Ogunseye, Professor Hezekiah Oluwasanmi, Professor Sam Aluko, S. L. Akintola, Chief Simeon Adebo, Head of Civil Service, Western Region, among others.
They said Baba, it can be done. Baba said give me a template. They gave him the current number of  students, the expected number when the scheme kicks off, how much it will cost and the means of getting the funds: the works. 

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Man set ablaze in Calabar over pot of soup

A mob in Calabar, Cross River State capital, yesterday, butchered a young man and set the remains on fire beside Atu Secondary School fence along Goldie Street, for allegedly robbing a woman of a pot of soup. His two accomplices escaped.
The hoodlum, in the company of two others, were alleged to have attacked the woman at Mayne Avenue Extension in Calabar South. They were allegedly attracted by the aroma of the soup the woman was warming for her family’s breakfast before heading for early morning mass at nearby St. Bernard’s Catholic Church.

Landlord's daughter bites off tenant's ear over light bill

THERE was pandemonium, weekend, at Oba Market Benin, as a 23-year-old hair dresser, Miss Faith Idehen, had her left ear bitten off in an attack by the daughter of her landlord, identified as Vivian, over electricity bill.
It was learned that trouble started when Vivian, a single mother of two, demanded for N1,500, being monthly payment for electricity bill from Faith.
The tenant’s plea that she did not have up to that amount, but deposited N1,000 with a promise to pay the balance of N500 later in the day, fell on deaf ears.
The victim was said to have left the compound and boarded a commercial bus to her place of work at Oba Market. Vivian allegedly trailed and caught up with her at the popular Yanga Fish Market and pounced on her. A fight started.