Tuesday, July 26, 2016

My husband moved in with his lover

My husband and I have been married for close to 25 years and I always believed we had a good marriage. We have five children, live in our own house and he runs a very thriving business.
A few years ago, there was this rumour that he was responsible for the education of a girl in one of the universities. I thought it would soon blow over as a lot of his affairs had.
Unfortunately, it didn’t and my husband has left his matrimonial home to go and live with this girl.
As I write, she’s expecting their first child. My children are quite bewildered by it all and I feel really depressed being abandoned this way. Why did he throwftway 25 years of marriage for this girl?
Your husband is obviously suffering from a middle age crisis. He had a stable  relationship for over a quarter of a century and reached the point in his business that he’d always aimed for. He looked round and wondered ‘what now?’ He felt bored, or frightened that this is as good as it gets.
Of course his actions are not kind or fair. But as your husband felt like this, he wanted a relationship totally different from his marriage.
He chose an undergraduate because she offered him a new approach to life,  something not necessarily better, but different. And he had the means to go for what he wanted.
Facing up to this won’t bring your husband back. But it might help you to  realise his leaving is not your fault. He just reached a key point in his life and broke  away. You’ll need a lot of support to get through this rejection, but, at least, you can  take comfort from the -tact that his leaving has nothing to do with anything you did wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say